Friday, July 6, 2007

Welcome to our blog!


Hello all. As most of you know, our family is about to head off on a big adventure to China for almost 6 months. At the request of some friends, I am going to try to keep up with this blog to let you know what life for the Russ family is like in Shanghai. Mike is leaving on the 10th, so in a few days, and then Kate, AJ and I will be leaving on the 28th to join him. My younger sister, Rachel will be flying over with us to help me during the flight and for the first week there, to get acclimated. For those of you who think we are not coming back, we will be back December 22nd, just in time for Christmas.
Since this is my first posting, I thought I would attach a few recent pics of Kate and AJ. They are now 2 1/2 years old, and we are having a lot of fun. They love to sing, run, scream, read books, watch Veggie Tales, chase Kelty(our dog), play with their friends, and are talking all the time.





I don't know if they are getting the whole potty training thing, do you? Your underwear should not be on your head! Actually, they are both doing really well with potty training, which has been a big push here lately since I found out diapers are very expensive in China.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

We are very excited to see your journeys online! The kids look so grown up in these photos!

Shannon said...

WOW!!! I cannot believe how big your kiddos are!!! They are sooo cute...I miss seeing them. Good to talk with you the other day...I am so glad you are blogging now!!! Keep us posted on your travels!!!

the bakers said...

what a great idea! we will miss you all so much and this will be a great way to keep up you and your many adventures! we'll be checking in regularly, so keep it updated:). we love you guys!

Kasity said...

We are looking forward to following your family in your journey.