Friday, July 13, 2007

Day 2

Day 2 for Mike was much better. He is not as discouraged about finding a place to live. He was able to talk with Aaron about different areas and also look for some office spaces in both the main areas, Puxi(West of the river) and Pudong(East of the river). It looks more promising now that there will be a family friendly place to live regardless of where the office is. Aaron told Mike there is a nice area in Puxi, that is called the French Quarter and has a lot of amenities for expatriate families.
Something Mike told me makes me a little worried about keeping up with the blog when we get there. He said when he tries to access the site to add to it, it is in Chinese, so unless we figure out how to change it to English, we're not going to be able to update it when we're there. Surely, there's a way, we just need to find it. Any ideas are welcome.
As for us here, we were close to selling Mike's car and then the buyer changed her mind and bought something different in the end. I feel bummed, but hopefully there will be another deal before I leave. If you know of anyone looking to buy, I have a great deal on a Volvo.
Kate and AJ are very anxious to go to China, even though they don't understand what that means. As long as they get to see their daddy again, they don't care. I guess I feel the same way.

2 comments:

The Chandler Clan said...

I love the daily updates! So glad home hunting may be easier.

The Chandler Clan said...

one more thing, under the dashboard section of your blog it has a language box and you can switch the language (I assume you can do from over there, not sure)