Saturday, July 21, 2007

7 More Days!

I figure, what's a blog without some pictures, and since Mike has our camera, I had to pick some older pics. These are from Kate and AJ's professional 2 year pictures.

I love this picture of AJ
Such a sweet girl!

Well, we are only a week away now. Next Saturday, the kids, my sister, Rachel, and I will be leaving for China. This past week and a half have been long for both Mike and I. With so much for each of us to do and only getting to talk less than 30 minutes a day, usually, it has been a little hairy!
For Mike, he has found a place for us to live, now he has to get all the paperwork, etc. done on Monday in the hopes that it will be ready when we get there on Sunday night. He's hoping to be able to move in by Friday so he has the weekend to get ready for us. There were two options, both with lots of pros and a few cons. We decided to move into the Skyline Mansion, sounds fancy, I know. It is on the Pudong side where we are fairly certain the office will be when they move. Now, the office is in Puxi, which will be about a 30-40 minute commute from Pudong. When the office moves to Pudong, we have hopes that it will be within walking distance, but as with everything else, no guarantees. Either way, this apartment is close to necessities and things to do during the day. We also think it is where a lot of expatriates live, so we're hoping to meet some people there. Let's all pray that everything goes smoothly with the renting of the apartment.
This past week for me and the kids has been full of family, which has been extremely nice. I've been able to get a lot of things done with the help of my sister, Jamie and her fiance, Kevin, who were in town. It was also good to have some distraction, because being without your husband for 18 days can get very lonely, even when lots of people are around. My last week is full of last minute things to do, like haircuts for all of us, a vet visit for Kelty, one last playgroup, cleaning the house, getting things ready for our house sitters, and oh, yeah, packing! Should be fun!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bekah you are an amazing writer. Please think about writing a book one day--(maybe about China) I can't wait to read the next blog! We love you all so much! Laura speight

The Chandler Clan said...

I'm so excited for you guys! What is Kelty going to be doing while you're gone?