Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And He's Off...

We all went to the airport to drop off Mike this morning, and it was sad and exciting to see him go. The first leg of his trip will not be over until around 2 am our time and then he won't actually be in Shanghai until around 8 am tomorrow morning. I guess when you go to the other side of the world it takes a while.
Please be praying for him while he travels. Since yesterday he's been extremely congested in his head and chest and just not feeling well. That can't be fun if you are stuck in a plane for 17 hours. He has some good meds, so I'm hoping that will help.
As for us, we are getting ready to go ourselves. This morning Mike was getting ready and he looks at me and says, "You've got a lot of things to do before you go." My response with as much sarcasm as you can imagine was, "You Think!" So in the midst of getting ready to move my family to China for 5 months, I am also trying to potty train my kids, sell Mike's car, get our house ready for people to live in it, and stay sane. Thankfully, again, the Lord provides us with family and friends who have offered to help, so if you are one of those, expect a phone call!

2 comments:

Miles, Allie, Marlee, Mace & Sawyer said...

Since we were on vacation, I didn't even get to say goodbye! Mike, I expect regularly scheduled posts on sasquatch life in China. Bekah, let Allie and me know what you need.

The Chandler Clan said...

I'm sure it was hard to see him go; what a fun adventure for you guys, can't wait to hear about it!