Monday, July 16, 2007

Our Fun-Filled Sundays

Both Mike and I did quite a bit on our Sundays. Mike walked around to get more acquainted with Shanghai, and then Aaron and his fiance, LJ, invited him to lunch. Maybe they were being nice, maybe they were feeling sorry for him, I'm not sure, but they took him to an American Diner for lunch. It was almost out of the city, but Mike said it was good and he saw some American families there. After a good lunch and getting to know Aaron a little more, he went to see Transformers. Funny enough, it was still in English, with Chinese subtitles. Mike said that each time the script of the movie was going to say something about the U.S., it got jumbled. Interesting. Also, Mike made his first faux pax, and wore a green hat. Apparently in China, if you wear a green hat, it means your spouse is cheating on you. Great! I'm not even there yet, and I already have a bad reputation. Of course, being American, they don't necessarily apply the rules to him, but we thought it best that he not wear that hat anymore, just in case people start talking.
As for Kate, AJ and I, we went to church for the next to last time. Afterwards, we went out to my mom's lake house where my sisters were and played in the lake all afternoon. Kate and AJ had a blast! We let them sit on the jetskis with us and motor around, barely touching the gas, but they loved it any way. They also had their first popsicles, red ones. I wish I'd had my camera(Mike's got it in China), but you can imagine, red clown faces, red hands and then streaks of red down to their elbows. We did our first day with no naps, and they did great. Before leaving, we bathed them, put them in PJ's and head home around bed time. They were asleep in the first 15 minutes, and I'm surprised they lasted that long. When Kate gets snuggly, she's sleepy, and she was very snuggly before we left. All in all, a great day at the lake, and the only thing that would have made it better was if their daddy could have been there.

No comments: