Thursday, January 17, 2008

I spent 90% of my time today in the ...

BATHROOM! And not because of me, thankfully. Today was the big potty training push at the Russ home. And, even though Kate is pretty much potty trained, she's been struggling with some issues, and struggling is truly the right word. So, she's in there about once every hour, and AJ decided that he likes just sitting there until he can go. Good thing we have two potties crammed in there. You know, quality time together. Well, I figured since he was just happy sitting there, I'd go straighten up the kitchen. That 1% of my day in the kitchen prompted about 10 more percent in that bathroom. I return to find that AJ has decided to conduct an experiment on how much toilet paper one toilet can handle. Apparently, he had to keep increasing the amount since the entire roll was gone. When I walked in, the water was already touching his bum. I grab him off the toilet, put him out of the bathroom, and proceed to plunger with a fury like none other. But, as mentioned above, the toilet was already full, so, the push down of the plunger caused a deluge of toilet water(which let's face it, even if there was no human exrement in it, is still gross) over the rim and onto the floor, the bath mat and my slippers. Quick, get to high ground!
I finally got the situation under control with a fully functioning toilet back and a cleaned up bathroom. I come out, and AJ is still crying, and I think it is because I had not kept my cool. Come to find out, he's crying, "My socks are wet!" So into the wash go the bath mat, my slippers, the towels, and AJ's socks. Good as new in no time at all. Gone are the days when AJ gets to sit on the potty and wait it out unsupervised.

2 comments:

scott * nicole * cade * jack * claire said...

oh boy. how can you keep your cool in that situation? inconceivable! sorry, but i had to laugh at your plight. I have walked into our bathroom and found an eerily similar experiment taking place.

Miles, Allie, Marlee, Mace & Sawyer said...

Funny, there seems to be some kind of connection between the 2. Boys & plungers. They just go hand and hand. If you have a boy - you MUST have a plunger. Your plunger days seem to have kicked off strong.
-allie