Monday, August 20, 2007

Every Day Things

So, we get a bill in the mail today, or at least that's what we think it is. Not sure what it is for or how to pay it since it is all in Chinese. Fun! It is weird to have to learn how to do every day things in a whole new way. I think we've already demonstrated that with the muffin making post. With this, I started to think about all the every day things that I look forward to returning to in December. Here's the List:
  1. Driving myself around, and going when I want/need to go
  2. Being able to read signs
  3. Finding ingredients for dinner
  4. Grocery stores who clean and stock at night, not in the middle of the busiest time of day
  5. Having a back yard
  6. Going to our church
  7. Eating out and enjoying the food
  8. Seeing the price for something and paying that price
  9. A phone that works each time I pick it up
  10. Being walking distance to friends
  11. Being driving distance to family
  12. Not being stared at every where I go
  13. My kitchen
  14. My bed
  15. My house
  16. Not feeling like I've been sucked of all energy every time I run an errand
  17. English
  18. Being able to take a deep breath without gagging or coughing
  19. Going to the grocery store and not having to hold your breath
  20. Not having to yell at Kate and AJ for touching everything, especially in the bathrooms, YUCK!

I'm sure I will be able to add to this list, but for now, it is a good start.


No comments: