Monday, July 28, 2008

HTTC

By now, many of you know that I will be competing in the prestigious Horney Toad Texas Classic August 9th at Suger Tree Golf Course. If any of you are interested in following me on my quest to bring the championship back to Murphy, you are more than welcome to come out and cheer me on. The HTTC has not been too kind to us Murphyites in recent history after my friend and inaugural champ Brent Baldwin brought the Championship first to Murphy and I followed it up the next year by keeping it in the neighborhood. Much like the US Ryder Cup team has gone into a slump, so too have we. Fortunately, it is a new year and a new opportunity. I am reminded of the immortal words of Goonie Mikey Walsh "Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here." Down here in this case is Murphy! I also have adopted "Anything less than the best is a felony" as my personal battle-cry as I seek to reclaim the sacred Toad.

Below is a story of interest:

It’s Official –
A.P. Report: July 28, 2008 - After years of being pursued by Callaway, past HTTC Champion Mike Russ has agreed to play their ball in the upcoming HTTC. In a bidding war that came down to the final weeks, Srixon succumb to the deep pockets of larger golfing giant Callaway Golf Company NYSE ELY. Srixon worked quickly to disseminate information that the Callaway ball was $8.00 less per dozen (due to a $10.00 off sale at Golf Galaxy) and might have contributed to him switching sponsorship. New Callaway CEO William C. Baker is quoted as saying that “we hope Mike does for Callaway, what Tiger has done for Nike!”, also “the Toad and Callaway and Mike, go together like winners do – we look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship.”

Please check the Hornok family blog for more information regarding the HTTC.

No comments: