Monday, November 12, 2007

Beijing and Xi'An Trip

My dad is visiting us right now, and last week for a few days, he and I went to Beijing and Xi'An(She-An). Mike so wisely decided it was best not to take the kids, so he graciously stayed with them. We were able to see some amazing sights, like Tianneman Square, The Forbidden City, the Great Wall, and the Terra Cotta Warriors. All of these things were incredibly telling of China's history, which is a long, varying one. I won't give you a history lesson, well, because I simply wouldn't get it all right, but I will show you some pictures.

Forbidden City: The Great Wall: Terra Cotta Warriors: Terra Cotta Warriors tourist trap: Hu Tong(close knit communities in Beijing): Summer Palace for Emperors: Xi'An Bell Tower and Drum Tower: Water Town near Shanghai called Zhujiajiao:

1 comment:

scott * nicole * cade * jack * claire said...

love the 'tourist trap' pictures! so priceless! looks like y'all had a blast! -nicole-